Introduction to Kubernetes MOOC
August 18, 2017
On 10th July’17, the CNCF announced a MOOC on Kubernetes - Introduction to Kubernetes, on Edx. I was fortunate to be involed in the project as author. This my second course on Edx. In 2016 I co-authored a course on Cloud Infrastructure Technologies, for the Linux Foundation.
Following is the ToC of the course :-
- Welcome & Introduction
- Container Orchestration
- Kubernetes Architecture - Overview
- Installing Kubernetes
- Setting Up a Single Node Kubernetes Cluster Using Minikube
- Accessing Minikube
- Kubernetes Building Blocks
- Deploying a Stand-Alone Application
- Kubernetes Volume Management
- Deploying a Multi-Tier Application
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Advanced Topics - Overview
- Kubernetes Community
- Final Exam
As this course is targetted to newbies, we made sure that the course is easy to follow. We covered all basic topics in detail and touched upon advanced topics. We Minikube for our demos and labs.
So far this course has been taken by more than 7K students from different countries. We have also received some good feedback about the course.
I thoroughly enjoyed working on this course and hopefully participants also have same experience. Happy Learning !!!