Senior Cloud PAAS Infrastructure Engineer (Cisco)
WHO WE ARE:
As part of our Cloud Native Transformation journey, our vision is to build a world class on premise PAAS cloud platform for Cisco’s business critical enterprise applications.
As Cloud PAAS Infrastructure Engineers, we are striving towards accelerating on our journey by gaining deep technical expertise on cutting edge cloud technologies and delivering cloud native capabilities to our application teams.
What will you do?
As a Senior Cloud PAAS Infrastructure Engineer, you will be an integral part of our transformation with primary focus on providing a world class cloud middleware platform. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Build & Operate our cloud PAAS service known as the Cloud Application Environment (CAE); This includes working on design, build, upgrade, monitoring, capacity planning or other associated tracks for our service
- Be an expert on KUBERNETES administration
- Drive enterprise application migration efforts to our CAE platform
- Collaborate effectively with Architects, Senior Engineers & other stakeholders to effectively drive technology decisions & outcomes
- Enable automation in order to move towards an “Infrastructure as Code” model
- Provide technical leadership & expertise to an existing global team of Engineers
- Strive towards operational excellence by effectively troubleshooting critical client issues
What skill sets do you need?
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes & Docker; Must have Kubernetes Certification; Linux System Administration Experience at the appserver (Tomcat/Jboss) / webserver layer (Reverse Proxy, Apache, certificate management) including proficiency in understanding integration with other infrastructure components such as network, storage, compute, security (Ping) etc
- Experience with Docker Registries for image management & Ansible for configuration management
- Hands on Automation Experience with Python/GO
- Service Assurance/Monitoring Experience with any cloud monitoring stack (like Telegraf, InfluxDb, Grafana, Chronograf, Kapacitor)
- Strong communication/collaboration, influencing, and technical leadership skills
- Highly Energetic, team player & enabler who can work effectively in a global environment
- Deep thinking skills required for providing effective & holistic technical solutions
- Operational excellence & client management experience
Good to have skills
- Open Shift 3.x & Open Stack Experience
- Agile Methodology Experience (Scrum/Kanban & DevOps)
- Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline Experience (preferably with GIT, Jenkins)
- Experience with RHEL based systems
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.