Senior Cloud Devops Engineer - Elogic Square
The Cloud Devops Engineer will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes with an obsessive focus on automation and building repeatable solutions. They will work in a mixed Unix and Windows virtual environment managing cloud infrastructure services and multiple cloud server instances across US and UK.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installation and Management of Physical and Virtual Cloud Instances
- Configuration and Optimization of Cloud Infrastructure
- Support cloud servers including security configurations, patching, and troubleshooting.
- Establish and Manage Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to customer environments
- Develop scripts for automating client/server functions
- Develop and Monitor automated systems recovery solutions
- Perform Hadoop Administration on Production Hadoop clusters.
- Perform Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Monitor health of the platforms and generate performance reports
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams,
- Responsible for ensuring production stability and address scalability
- Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements
- Perform optimization, capacity planning of a large multi-tenant cluster.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in managing mid/large scale Cloud Environments in both Private Cloud /Public Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Engineering experience in building production infrastructure using code and repeatable designs
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud environments
- Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell scripting
- Experience in Hadoop Administration with Hortonworks/Cloudera/MR distribution
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Marathon, Mesos and/or Swarm
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience evolving to Agile development lifecycles
- Knowledge of networking and software defined networking in cloud environments
- Ability to articulate complex architectures to non-technical audiences
Ability to document solutions and train operational teams on supportability
- Experience in using and contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment