Year #3 for CloudYuga
It's a milestone !! At-least for us. I thought if we could do for 3 years, then there is no going back. And here we are. 2018 had been great year for CloudYuga. Following are some of things, which kept us busy :-
Around the year we delivered in classroom, online (self paced/instructor led) trainings. I traveled for more 100 days to delivered trainings in different parts of India, US, UK and Canada. We add few more customers and continued working with older customers.
We did hourly consulting to few companies and individuals. In some cases it was free of cost as well.
Meetups and Conferences
We actively participanted in local meetups, conferences. We also did few free and paid workshop for different meetup/conferences.
- Docker for Kubernetes
- Joint Meetup with 9 meetup groups
- Docker 5th Birthday Celebration
- DockerCon Recap
- Kubernetes 201 workshop at RootConf'18
- CI/CD with Containers
- Agile India Conference'18
- KubeCon NA'18
- Kubernetes Hardway @k8sBLR
We did few webinars under CloudYuga. Apart from that we did a webinar series on "CI/CD with Kubernetes" for DigitalOcean, in which we covered :-
- Building Blocks to run CI/CD on Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Package Management and Cloud Native CI/CD with JenkinsX
- CI/CD pipelines with a service mesh
- CI/CD Toolsets (Circle CI, GitOps, ArgoCD)
Indexing KubeCon Videos
MOOC Courses Updates
In 2018, we also starting contributing code to the upstream projects like Istio
All of the new technologies are great but learning curve is very high. While delivering the trainings on them, we need to very cautious about time. If the participants spend lot of time in doing the copying/pasting, following the instructions back and forth; then we can not cover good amount of topics. To spend more time in topic discussion and less time in repetitive tasks, we spend some time in automating that.
k8s-runner was first version of tooling effort. It was built on top of bash and did the job pretty effectively.
CY-Pilot - SaaS based tool
After seeing the effectiveness and feedback from our clients, we started investing in a SaaS based tool using which we can deliver course content, videos and labs from a single tab of browser. We are already using this for last few months and it can be access from here. We'll be launching more free and paid courses for everyone, after merging it to main website; later this month.
- CloudYuga joined The Linux and Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- CloudYuga became India's first Kubernetes Certified Service Provides and Training Partner
- CloudYuga sponsoered KubeCon'18 NA in Seattle
Some other learnings
- While dealing with companies, do not assume things and work on blind trust. Things should be on paper and make sure you do not deviate from it. Due to this negligence, we wasted time and in the end, did not get fully paid as well.
Year 2019 is already here. Let's see how it unfolds !!